Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Avery - 2 Month Letter from Mommy


Dear Avery,
You are a little snuggle bug! You love to be held. You’ll instantly stop crying when I pick you up (or start crying when I set you down) and sometimes you calm down just from hearing my voice. I love the time we get to spend together just the two of us, and I’ll really miss it when I go back to work in a few weeks.
You have grown a lot this month. At first I had a hard time telling because I’m with you all the time, but in the last few weeks I can’t believe the changes. You have put on a lot of baby chub! You have more than on chin, and I’m not sure where your neck went. Yesterday I was teasing you about your missing neck and asking if your chins ate it, and I got a couple of quick smiles out of you! We have been waiting for those, and your Daddy still hasn’t seen one. You should give the next one to him!
You love to be swaddled and sleep better during naps and at night when we put you in your Swaddle Me. Neither your Daddy nor I could master swaddling (you bust out every time) so we bought a special swaddling blanket with Velcro. Last month we had trouble getting you to sleep on your own. This month, close to bedtime, you’ll fuss while we’re holding you, but then you’ll settle right down once you’re in your crib. It seems that at bedtime you like the quietness of being left alone in your crib. You are still a good sleeper at night. You stayed consistent with your 3 hour stretches at night for most of the month, and in the last week or so, you’ve started extending them to 4 and a couple of 5 hour stretches. This is probably because you’re such a good eater and have started consistently eating 5 ounce bottles every 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours during the day.
You rolled over from front to back for the first time this month and have started pulling our hair when you can get a handful. We’ve settled into a new routine, and the evenings are much less stressful than they were in the first month. We really enjoy having you as part of our family, and your big sister is still in love with you. Today she leaned in close to you and said, “Avery we are best friends.” I’m so excited to see the two of you grow up together as sisters.
Lots of Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment