Saturday, January 3, 2015

Getting her Ears Pierced

 For Clara's 6th birthday yesterday, Matt & I surprised her by taking her to get her ears pierced.  She's brought it up in the past as something she wanted to do so we figured she'd be excited.  I got my ears pierced when I was six so we had previously told her she could get hers done once she turned six.  I made her a short book to read about her birthday that we gave her to read at the restaurant during her birthday dinner.  As she was reading the page that said, "For Clara's birthday, she gets to get her ears pierced."  Her eyes got really big, and she looked up at us and said, "Really???"  Then she got very excited!  It worked out perfectly that the restaurant she picked for her birthday dinner was right across from a Clarie's.
 
 
I think the anticipation was worse than the actual piercing.  She asked me so many questions about what it would feel like, but she was unwavering that she wanted her ears pierced.  She kept pinching them beforehand trying to figure out how much it would hurt.


 
Fortunately, they did both ears at the same time.  It was over in a second, and this brave little girl barely even flinched.  She was so proud of herself for not crying.  She wasn't even the tiniest bit upset!
 
 
Showing of her "diamond" studs!
She's so excited to go back to school next week, "My friends will never believe that I am six AND I have my ears pierced."  She frequently talks about how she's the smallest kid in her class, but she's pretty pumped that she's not the youngest.  "Some of the bigger kids are still five, but not me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment