Tuesday, November 10, 2009

10 Month Letter from Mommy





She's checking out the grass. Didn't take her long to pulling it and trying to eat it. As you can tell by her tummy, she likes to eat!

Dear Clara,
This month I really started to notice that you’re becoming more of a little girl and less of a baby! Someone asked us recently if we had starting planning your birthday party. I think I’m in denial that you’re getting close to a year old so I’m just not thinking about it. I asked your Daddy this month, “When did she get so big and start looking so grown up?” He told me it was when I started putting jeans on you!
I just love this age. You are so much more content now that you are able to move around. You pull up onto anything, and you’re now very adept at getting down as well. Within the last week you started “cruising” along the couch, coffee table, and fireplace. When you get to the end of whatever you are cruising along, you just drop to your bottom, and take off crawling. You also eat well, and sleep well. At first you didn’t like any lumps in your food, but now you’ve taken a liking to the “third foods” and just about anything you can pick up with your little fingers. You love cheerios! I think you like the independence of being able to feed yourself finger foods. However, you like to put as much as possible in your mouth at once. Not all the cheerios need to go in at once! We’ve also realized that just because you keep eating, does not mean that you are still hungry. So we’ve started monitoring your food in-take and only give you a few cheerios after your meal. Another lesson learned the hard way. Your Grandma Marsha, Daddy, and I all took turns feeding you dinner one evening. And we just kept feeding you more and more. Bad idea, once you hit overload state, you sent it all back out, and it was a huge, gross mess to clean up! No more tag team feedings!
Your Grandpa Terry & Grandma Karen got you a singing, dancing little ghost for Halloween that sings, “I want candy, lots of candy…” You LOVE it, and dance every time it’s playing. You are very smart, and after watching us press the button several times in a row, you reached right up and pressed it yourself. You had to squeeze your fingers together around the place where the button is hidden within the ghost, which made it extra impressive!
You started your new daycare this week. You’re not a big fan of napping there—probably because there are too many new and exciting things. I think this will improve with time. They told us you did great, and that you are very social. Apparently, you and the 10-month little girl in the crib next to you kept talking to each other when you were supposed to be napping. You’ve also started to crawl straight towards your Daddy or I when we pick you up. This makes us feel so special! Then we found out that you do this to any parent who walks in so apparently you just like to be the little greeter. I really missed you this week, and couldn’t wait for the weekend. Daddy is at a KU football game today so you and I get to spend the whole day together!
Lots of Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment