Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another baby is on the way...


My friend Megan is expecting a baby boy on December 21st. My Mom and I threw a shower for her on Saturday to celebrate their pending addition. I'm so excited for her and Trey because I know how exciting having a new baby is. They will be great parents! It's amazing how a baby completes your family, and just makes you feel so full with love.



It was tough keeping Clara away from the gifts. She loves pulling tissue paper out of gift bags! I think Christmas is going to be fun!

Finally, Clara and I got to meet Havily! Shiloh and Jesse moved back to Kansas last month, and it's so great to have them close!
The four of us went to high school together. Shiloh is holding Havily and her other daughter Kennedy is on the right. On the far right is Megan, the soon-to-be Momma!

We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my family. We hadn't been to visit in a couple of months, and they couldn't believe how much Clara had grown and changed. They all agreed that she has gotten taller and "thinned out." We really hadn't noticed the change--probably because we see her everyday.
Clara & Uncle Clinty. Clara started waving on Friday! She waved goodbye to the daycare ladies when I picked her up on Friday, and she's been showing it off ever since.

Clara playing w/her Grandpa
More play time with her Uncles and Aunt Abby. Clara got lots of Grandma time too!

I am enjoying my new job. It's such a good change of pace, and I love learning new things. It's so nice to see and think about a business from " the other side." Previously, I spent just enough time on a client to complete the audit, and then moved along to the next audit. I feel like now I can really learn multiple aspects of the company, and all the knowledge I gain over time will help me in the future. I've been asking a lot of questions and am trying to absorb as much as possible. I still say "we" when talking about my former company, and almost answered my phone wrong the first time I answered it!
Clara's new daycare is going pretty well. Currently Clara does not want to nap much there, and she got a cold her first week there. She's had the cold for over a week now, but luckily the fever that came with it only lasted a couple of days. She's been super snuggly and wanting her Mommy a lot this week, which I just love. I am ready for her to be feeling back to normal again.
Working full-time really makes me appreciate the time I have with Clara. It just makes evenings and weekends very special. I love the weekends and want to spend as much time with her as possible. So far the transition has been smoother than I expected, and I think that has a lot to do with me being pleased with my new job. Well, I better get some rest so we can start another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment