Clara is named after Matt’s Great Grandma Clara (Grandpa Ed’s Mom); Grandma Clara would have been Baby Clara’s Great, Great Grandma. I’ve heard stories about Grandma Clara for years and what a special lady she was. Once we found out we were having a girl, Matt and I easily decided on the name Clara. It’s such a beautiful name and is extra special since it is a family name.
This is a picture of Grandma Clara when she was young. Isn't she lovely? We have this picture hanging outside of Clara's bedroom. It was a gift from Grandpa Ed after our Clara was born.

Here's Grandma Clara with Ryan and Matt.

Grandma Clara was born in 1906 (if I've done the math right) and passed away in the 1980s. Her younger brother, Al, who was born in 1919, turned 91 this past weekend. We celebrated his birthday with him, and he got to meet (Baby) Clara, who is named after his sister. What a special moment! There is a 90 year age and five generation gap between the two of them.
Five generations - from Right to Left - Al, Ed, Karen, Matt, and Clara
Al just loved meeting Clara. It was very sweet.
We took quite a few family pictures.
Clara checked everything out for us.
Perhaps it's because I'm a sentimental person, but I think it's just remarkable that we had five generations together yesterday. We have talked about going to visit Uncle Al for months now, but for some reason, I didn't realize that he was Grandma Clara's brother until last week when Ed told me. What a special day and one I won't forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment