Thursday, April 15, 2010

The great outdoors








Clara LOVES being outside. When I picked Clara up from Trish's today, she was sitting in the floor crying. Trish said - she's in the middle of a tantrum. I said, what caused it? Apparently Trish made Clara come inside and THEN changed her diaper! How dare she! Sounds like they spent most of the day outside when they weren't eating or napping. I guess coming in for lunch received the same reaction.

Clara also loves going to the park. We swing on the swing, she plays in the rocks and tries over and over to eat them. Occasionally she sneaks one in her mouth, and I have to fish it out. She also likes to go down the slide and wants to do it over and over. My arms eventually get tired from guiding her down the slide so many times. We're loving this weather--it's so fun to play outside with Clara.
Yesterday was a milestone for me--one year ago yesterday I returned to work. I wonder if every Mom remembers the date of her return to work like I do - April 14. I spent my whole maternity leave counting down the weeks until that day--dreading leaving Clara with someone else for the whole day. It's hard to believe it's been a year already. We have a schedule that works well right now, and sometimes I start to worry about how it will work once Clara starts school or gets older and has her own activities. Then I have to remind myself to live in the now, and just take things one stage at time. We'll figure out the schedule as time goes on when we get to those phases. I worried about working full-time when I started my new job. I wasn't sure how we'd get everything done. It's amazing how time flies, I've done that now for almost 6 months! I'm pretty proud of myself that I've been a working Mommy for a year now. A lot of the credit goes to my husband for everything he does to keep things running smoothly. It's definitely a team effort to raise our baby and keep our household in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment