Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Hiatus is Over

I've been on a blogging hiatus, and I think it's over. Works was really busy for both of us in January, which is normal in our profession. I was working the most I've worked since having Clara including several past 8pm nights, a couple of Saturdays, and working on a bank holiday (shocking, I know). Not fun, but it's over and likely won't (ever, I'm hoping) happen again.  I'm very lucky to have a very understanding husband who is supportive of my desire to have a career and who understands the busy-ness is only temporary.  Long story short, after working on the computer all day and then some, getting on the computer any other time was not what I wanted to do at home.  We have done some fun things over the last couple of months so here's the first one I'll try to catch-up with.

Kate, Abby, and I had a playdate with the kids.  Whenever the rare occassion happens that our schedules align for a playdate, we always have such a good time and end up saying how we need to do it more often.  The kids are starting to play together now, and they always love "new" toys at someone else's house.  Clara had the toughest time on this date because they were her toys being shared.  There was a lot of "mine" and lessons about how we need to share and not jerk toys out of another's hands.  The two big hits of the date were 1) Baby Leah and 2) Clara's Jayhawk Tricycle.

She slept most of the time, but her big sister and Clara were enamored with her once she woke up.  The Moms had to be right there because the toddlers can't quite be trusted with a little one just yet.

How cute is this?  Clara was pretty pumped to find someone who could actually reach the pedals of her tricycle.  She's got quite a ways to go before her legs are long enough.  Evan was more than happy to give her a ride.
Lesley wasn't going to miss out on the fun and headed over right away.
Evan driving the little women around.
Talk about two adorable faces!!
Where did our babies go?  Among many other topics, us Moms tried to figure out how these were the same babies who used to lay on the blankets in front of our yoga mats!
Tomorrow is a bank holiday so Clara and I will be spending the day together.  We're going to a "Funky Mama" concert in the morning.  I'm not sure what to expect, but I hope she enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment