Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thank you Jesus, Amen!

We've been teaching Clara to pray for her food before she eats.  She tends to leave out the "for our food" part, and her prayer consists of "Thank you Jesus, Amen!"
On semi-related note, Clara spotted the motorized horse at the front of Hyvee (our grocery store of choice) on Saturday and asked if she could have a "horsie ride."  I told her she could after we finished our shopping.  She was obsessed the entrie time and kept asking me "Horsie ride, now?"  Patience is a tough concept for a two year-old.
Finally we headed toward the front to the store to the check-out counter and the horsie was in sight.  "I ride horsie now?" she asked again.  I told her that she could ride the horsie after I paid for our groceries.
Very loudly she proclaimed, "THANK YOU JESUS, AMEN!"
At first I was very confused...then it clicked. 
I clarified with her, "No honey, Mommy needs to PAY for the groceries, not PRAY for the groceries."
She responded, "THANK YOU JESUS, AMEN!"
I cracked up laughing this time!  If only that would have satisfied the $80 grocery bill! 
So I PAID for the groceries and it was finally time for Clara's horsie ride, which she thoroughly enjoyed.

***She remembered the horsie ride because this evening when we stopped at Price Chopper to grab the few groceries I forgot over the weekend, she asked if she could ride the horsie.  Come on Price Chopper!  Where's the horsie rides?!

No comments:

Post a Comment