On Tuesday we visited the Sedgwick County Zoo. This was the zoo that I grew up going to, and it was fun to see that it's even better than I remember it. Somethings were still the same, like the Jungle (my favorite), which was also good to see. It was also fun for Matt to see the zoo that I've been raving about since we met. Matt loves zoos and likes to see every animal in every exhibit when he goes. Since having Clara, he's had to compromise on this beacuse we usually can't make it through everything before she (and I) run out of steam. We're hoping to get some good use out of our KC zoo pass this summer. I think Clara remembered our trip to the KC zoo from last year because she kept asking to see the polar bear.
This picture may look like Matt was successful at getting the food out of the machine, but he was not. The goat beat him at it and got all the food out of the feeder before Matt could. Matt tried to shove him away, but the goat would stick him with his horns every time he tried. Being the good wife that I am, rather than offering my assistance, I watched the whole thing unfold and even got a picture!
This picture is taken in the Jungle, which is one of my favorite things. Birds just fly freely throughout the exhibit--notice the blue bird which walked right up to us.
The giraffes came right up to us! Probably helped that they knew it was feeding time!
My little monkey climbing on the railing to get a closer look at the Leopard.
Come Gamma! I see tigers!
Clara and her Grandpa looking for the tigers.
The size of this Gorilla is humbling to say the least. Clara wasn't sure that the glass barrier was quite enough distance. Good thing her Daddy was there to protect her! (Little does she know in a match-up her Daddy wouldn't stand a chance - sorry Honey - it's true).
HIIIIIIII LIIIIIIIIONNNNNN!!! ROOOOOARRRRR!!! Clara tried as hard as she could to get the lion to roar.
No comments:
Post a Comment