Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby #2 & Baby Brunch #3

 Baby bump at 17 weeks.  Today at 19 weeks and 5 days, I pulled out the belly band for the first time because I couldn't button my shorts after church today.  I seem to be carrying the baby pretty high--not sure what that means or how it compares to Clara.  My last doctor's appointment was 2 weeks ago at 18 weeks.  The heartbeat was strong and everything seems to be going smoothly.  I have my sonogram in two weeks at which time they are also making me do an early Glucola test to screen for gestational diabetes.  If I pass that screening, they'll test me again around 30 weeks just to be sure everything is ok.  I get "special treatment" (i.e. two of those horrible tests) since I was diabetic when pregnant w/Clara.  I'm anxious for the sonogram because it will be great to get to see the baby and to make sure that everything is developing as it should. 
We bought Clara's big girl bed (a twin bed) last weekend and a matching dresser.  Now we're just waiting to find out if #2 is a boy or girl so we can decide which room the new baby will get and start decorating!
 
 Me & the girls
 What a sweet little face!

Yesterday I hosted the third annual baby brunch, and it was fun as usual! 
There were 7 Moms and 11 kids and one baby on the way (mine!).
Here's Braylon & Leah who were in-utero during last year's brunch. 
Braylon is laughing in this picture--not crying!
 After filling their tummies they kiddos were ready to play outside.  We were thankful for the gate on our deck which helped keep them corraled.

 The group picture was an adventure, as expected. 
Getting 11 kids in one place at one time--quite a challenge!
I think this picture (below) has them all.  From left to right:  Evan, Cole, Kyra, then top row, Conner, Lesley, Collin, Clara, and Caleb, continuing left to right on the bottom, Braylon, Leah, and Jayden. 
It was fun to get together, and Clara and I had fun making the food.  She's really into helping me cook right now.  We served orange struesel mini-muffins, french puff mini-muffins, sausage & egg casserole, cheesy hashbrowns, and fruit & yogurt parfaits with homemade oatmeal cookie granola.  Thanks to some advice from my Mom, we made the muffins a few days ahead of time and froze them.  We also made the granola a few days ahead as well.  This pregnant Mama was still pretty tired after the event, but it was so fun to host it, and I was thrilled with the turn-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment