Milking the cow and ringing the cow bells were favorites again this year.
I was just going to walk past the area with the teepees, but Clara got so excited to see the "big tents" and took off running after them. There were three big teepees, and she ran from one to another and then sat down inside of each one.
She also spotted the play tractors this year. She tried out several different ones, but never did find one that she could get to move. This pregnant mama wasn't about to push her around the track, and luckily she didn't think to ask!
These animals in the play ground were also a big hit, and she tried just about every one of them, which was no less than 7--some she even rode twice. This ended in a huge meltdown because there were still plenty more things I wanted her to see, but I think she would have been happy at the playground all morning. So I got to carry and kicking and screaming child out of the play area. Once she say the goats though, her fit instantly subsided.
The garden area was another that I had planned to bypass, but Clara went right in. I think she enjoyed all the colors--it was very pretty.
The hit of the day and the part she's still talking about is bottle feeding the baby goats. I wish I video of this one. You can't tell from the pictures, but as she was feeding the goats, she walked backwards. The goat would continue to move towards her to keep up with the bottle and it just continued. At one point Clara backed into another baby goat and about fell over. A couple of goats tag-teamed her and jumped up on her (they put their hooves on her chest and were about as tall as she is), and at that point, we went outside the pen and fed them through the fence. Another little girl came up to Clara, and said, "I want a bottle to feed the goats." Clara looked at her, handed her the bottle, and walked away. I was impressed at her sharing and also relieved that leaving the goats did not result in a major meltdown. That was short lived though because she was pretty upset when we left the farmstead. Chick-fila lifted our spirits though and filled our tummies for a nice, long afternoon nap!
It was so nice to have Friday off to spend with Clara and also get caught up around the house before the weekend. I could get used to that...
No comments:
Post a Comment