Today is a catch-up day for me as it is my first Friday at home in 7 weeks. I realize how much of a difference having Fridays off makes in staying on top of things and keeping life at a manageable pace. I've worked 4 of the last 6 Fridays and traveled during the other two - one to Elbing and one to Minneapolis. I'm behind on many, many things - blogging being one of them!
Here's what we've been up to recently:
-A trip to Elbing for Abby's baby shower. My nephew will be arriving any day!
-Sickness that took our whole family down one by one including Grandma Karen. Clara mentioned one day that Emitt threw up at preschool, and low and behold two days later Clara was the first in our family that got what we now call "the Emitt's."
-A visit from Uncle Ryan & Erin - it was so great to spend the weekend with them!
-A trip to Minnepolis for our annual visit with the Fanskas (Matt's college roommate & family)
-Halloween costumes & trick-or-treating
-Many fun new things with Miss Avery - although no walking yet
-Clara CONTINUED transition to preschool - we are all learning lots!
I'm hoping to get caught up soon because the rest of the year is shaping up to be very busy as well. We each have a business trip planned (me to St. Louis & Matt to Washington D.C.), two Christmas parties, Thanksgiving & Christmas travels, and did I mention that I get to meet my nephew soon?! It's all fun and exciting stuff - just makes it hard to keep up with day-to-day life.
Here are the fall pictures I took of the girls. This was a planned photo shoot, and I was VERY happy with the results! Not quite ready to quit my day job, but I was pretty impressed with how they turned out. I haven't decided what we're going to do in the way of Christmas cards yet. I'm considering e-mailing them to save money and be green. So you may be seeing these pictures again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment