Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Fridays

I've had a long run of Fridays off for the last couple of months.  Some Fridays get taken up with doctor's appointments and other necessary errands.  But we've had several Fridays where fun prevailed, and we push off the grocery, laundry, and cleaning to another day.  Here's a glimpse of what we've been doing on some recent Fridays.  We have so many great options for kid entertainment in KC - it sure makes it a great place to live!

Avery and I visited Deanna Rose.  There was a birthday party at preschool that morning that Clara did not want to miss.   So it was a special morning for Avery with some quality time with just her and I.   I love this place - Avery and I spent a little over an hour there, but it was still worth the drive and the $2 admission.



Mooooo!

As mentioned before, Avery hearts baby goats - a lot!

But she might love chairs even more than baby goats. 
They have loads of the swings, and we probably tried out about 7 different ones.


Checkin' out the baby chicks.
 On another Friday, we visited Monkey Bizness.  Clara had been begging to go there for a while, and I finally agreed since it was going to be very hot that morning!  We were the first ones there and had the place to ourselves for about half an hour.  Clara was very concerned with this, "But Mom, how am I going to make friends?"
 
Avery was terrified of the place for a good 45 minutes.  She refused to let me put her down, and if I tried she get hysterical and cry, "UP! UP!"  She finally warmed up to the place, and then had a ball following her sister around.

 

Swinging like a monkey

I guess this place is okay....



Being silly!  They'd lay on their backs, kick their feet, and then laugh!


On a more recent Friday we visited Powell Gardens.  That place warrants a separate blog post so stay tuned for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment