She's really pushing up and trying to crawl!
Grandma & Grandpa with downtown Parkville in the background.
The whole family waiting for the show to start.
Clara in her jammies wondering what kind of dream this is!
Clara celebrated the fourth of July by watching fireworks in downtown Parkville. We had pizza with Matt's parents and then went to see the Parkville fireworks show. I LOVE fireworks, and it's been three years since I've seen a fireworks show on the fourth of July. We originally weren't planning to go, but I talked Matt into it on Saturday. Ever since we have established a consistent bedtime routine that works like a charm in getting Clara to sleep and sleeping thru the night, we're very hesitant to mess with it. In fact, we really don't deviate from the routine. If we're going to do something that requires us to be out past her bedtime, we just have someone come stay with her while we go out. Even when we're visiting my parents, we try to keep it as normal as possible. I explained this to my brother on Saturday and told him how we weren't planning on going out that evening because of her bedtime. He informed me that I was "getting so old." I can't wait until he has a baby who wakes up multiple times a night for the first four months. We'll see if his tune changes then once he's finally getting the baby to sleep well!
Clara celebrated the fourth of July by watching fireworks in downtown Parkville. We had pizza with Matt's parents and then went to see the Parkville fireworks show. I LOVE fireworks, and it's been three years since I've seen a fireworks show on the fourth of July. We originally weren't planning to go, but I talked Matt into it on Saturday. Ever since we have established a consistent bedtime routine that works like a charm in getting Clara to sleep and sleeping thru the night, we're very hesitant to mess with it. In fact, we really don't deviate from the routine. If we're going to do something that requires us to be out past her bedtime, we just have someone come stay with her while we go out. Even when we're visiting my parents, we try to keep it as normal as possible. I explained this to my brother on Saturday and told him how we weren't planning on going out that evening because of her bedtime. He informed me that I was "getting so old." I can't wait until he has a baby who wakes up multiple times a night for the first four months. We'll see if his tune changes then once he's finally getting the baby to sleep well!
All went well on Saturday night even though it wasn't quite as I had planned it. We had hoped that after we put Clara to bed at 8, we could sneak her into her car seat, then into the car, and finally the stroller without her waking up. Fat chance. She woke up after we put her in her car seat, but surprisingly she was content the entire time. She even watched the fireworks for the first 10 minutes of the show. Then she got distracted by pulling her pacifier out of her mouth and trying to put it back in. She's getting better at this, and it's pretty funny to watch! I need to catch it on video. So in Clara's world a pacifier provides the same amount of entertainment as a spectacular fireworks display. When did we stop being so easily entertained??? She fell asleep around 10:30 on our way home and didn't wake up again until morning. Yeah!!
No comments:
Post a Comment