Clara is sitting and moving--both very well. She's also started chanting - babababa. We've been told by our Moms that this means "Grandma." I'm sure they're not biased at all!
The keys to sitting are: 1) a wide base - I put her legs are far apart as they'll go, 2) the arms out for additional balance and 3) Mommy or Daddy very close by to catch her if she falls.
This was our first week not to attend yoga class. You can take your baby to class until they start crawling. While she's not crawling yet, I'm pretty sure rolling all over the floor and onto the other baby's blankets is along the same lines. I tried to make it work last week, but I kept having to leave my mat to retrieve her after she would roll off the blanket. Roll, roll, roll, retrieve and repeat. She's also figured out how to scoot herself in a circle by pulling herself along with her arms. So she'll roll onto her tummy, adjust herself with her arms and then continue rolling.
Check out this progression as Matt and I were eating dinner on Monday:
No comments:
Post a Comment