Sunday, January 3, 2010

Clara's 1st Birthday


We had a birthday party for Clara yesterday with some friends and family. I think I'm still in denial that my baby is one, but we had a nice party, and Clara had a good time! There were a couple of very funny moments at the party, and the first was watching Clara dig into her cake. She didn't hesitate at digging into it. In true Clara fashion--you put food in front of her, and she just goes for it! There was A LOT of icing on the top so her first several bites were pure icing (pure sugar!!). She finally got to the cake and enjoyed that as well.
We had a local bakery make her cake and cupcake for her guests. We gave them her party invitation and had them make the cake to match.


Here's the invitation - I think they did a pretty good job!

I was pretty proud of the sugar cookies I made too!
My goal was to keep it simple and not go overboard. Of course I kept thinking of things I wanted to add so we ended up having a variety of snacks - adult snacks and baby snacks. It was yummy!

Clara was happy to have all of her Grandparents there and even her Great Grandpa Ed. She had a lot of fun playing with her baby friends, Evan and Lesley. We used to have play dates with the babies where the babies just laid on a blanket together. It's so fun now that they are all mobile to watch them interact. They were the life of the party!

The 4-wheeler my parents got her was a hit and the second really funny thing. Evan loved the 4-wheeler and just went nuts on it. We put Clara on the back and
Evan started rocking back and forth like a crazy man trying to get it to take off! Evan thought it was tons of fun, but Clara wasn't sure so of all this action and wanted off!

Clara did well opening her presents, but she is easily distracted. I kept having to coax her back to keep her going. Really she just wanted to play with the tissue paper and bows. Thank you to our friends and family who helped to make Clara's day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment