Today Clara and I had a girl's day out with Heather. We went to lunch and then shopping at the mall. What a fun day it turned out to be! It's always a toss-up about how long Clara will last on these types of outings. My hope was to get her to take her morning nap a little later so she would be rested up by lunch-time. She wasn't having that. She fussed until we put her down for her morning nap at about 8:45am. This was after she had slept 13 hours last night and woke up at 8am! I think she gets really worn out during the week with all the excitement from daycare, which causes her to sleep a lot on Saturdays.
Anyway, despite us putting off her afternoon nap, she did great. She loved being out and about and watched and smiled at anyone who would pay attention to her. Heather and I just took turns browsing through the store and trying things on so that we could keep Clara entertained. I love having Clara with me and hope that her easy-going disposition continues so we can have more fun outings!
On another note, we had Clara's one-year appointment last week. A few highlights:
-She weighed in at 18lbs. 13 oz. (15%) and was 27 1/2 inches long (10%). She still is a petite little thing, but her head is in the 50th percentile. It's been tracking consistently at 50%, which is what they look for.
-I felt like she got every vaccination under the sun (ok, just 5, but that's still a lot!). We're covered for chicken pox and H1N1 now. She gets a couple more at 18 months and then we're done with shots until she starts school!!!
A few other things in our week:
-Clara's car seat is now forward facing! Matt turned it around today. (Yes, we know the rules and decided we are close enough to meeting the criteria.) Clara was very happy on our drive to the mall today, and I love being able to look back and see her!
-The doctor gave us the ok to start using a blanket. It's so sweet covering her up at night. She seems to really like it. She went through a phase for a couple of weeks where she would cry and cry went we put her in her crib. Since we started with the blanket she goes right down without fussing. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but it's a welcome change. She typically still has the blanket on her in the mornings even though she's in a different spot in the crib. I guess she's figured out a way to move and keep the blanket in tact.
-Both Matt and Clara have colds. Matt never fully recovered from being sick before Christmas, and Clara has caught another cold. Matt missed a day of work this week, and I left work early on Thursday since Clara was running a fever. We are SOOOO ready for spring and to be out of cold and flu season. Thankfully, Clara was feeling fine on Friday and seems back to her normal self. Matt is on the road to recovery but has had a really rough week.
No comments:
Post a Comment