Monday, February 22, 2010

My baby

My Mom called me recently to inform me that I no longer have a baby, I have a toddler. In my mind Clara is still my little baby, and I think in my mind she'll always be my baby. When people ask how old she is I still say - she just turned a year. I'm trying to start saying that she's 14 months, but I may still be saying that she just turned a year for a few more months! (Wasn't it just yesterday?) I even parked in the Mother's with Infants spot recently at CVS. It occurred to me as I was getting Clara out of her forward facing car seat that some might argue that she's no longer an infant. Oh well, she's still my baby!
It really hit me this weekend how fast she has grown. We had a play date with the Carlin's on Saturday, and it just amazed us to watch her and Lesley toddle around together. I was amazed thinking of the picture we took of the girls together last May - only ten months ago! As I look at these picture I also wonder, where did all of Clara's baby fat go?

No comments:

Post a Comment