Monday, March 8, 2010

Good News Monday

We had a good weekend followed by a good news Monday. The Controller I work for gave me two tickets to the Thursday afternoon session of the Big 12 Tournament so Matt and I can go see KU play!! He was nice enough to clear it with my boss for me to leave work in the middle of the day before he gave me the tickets. Rumor has it they are awesome seats that may also involve free food and drinks. I guess it does pay to work for a K-Stater.=)

Just found out more good news as I was checking blog updates. A friend of mine is expecting another baby! I'm so happy for them.

My parents came to visit this weekend, and Clara loved having them here! Grandma showed her silly things like putting lids on your head and how to pretend mix with a spoon and a lid. Clara is like a little sponge and repeated over and over what her Grammy had showed her - even after my parents left.

Clara's latest favorite thing is to climb the stairs. She will stand at the baby gate, shake it as hard as she can, and fuss until you open it (or distract her with something else). She talked Grandpa into following her up the stairs before he left on Saturday, and I know Grandma made a few trips up the stairs with Clara throughout the weekend.


Not sure if you can tell in this pictures, but Clara is turning around to make sure Grandpa is still watching her. She eats up attention--we're going to have our hand full!
Grandpa showed Clara how to put her stuffed tomato into the bowl and put the lid on. Later that day, Clara put one of her small books into the bowl, then put the lid on, and in this picture, she's intently trying to get the lid on the bowl. Amazing how you can show her something once, and it sticks with her! She doesn't have a long attention span, but she is a little sponge.


Mommy had fun dressing up her little girl for church on Sunday. I have to say that she was the prettiest girl in the nursery (and I'm not biased at all).


1 comment:

  1. I agree! I bet she was the prettiest girl! What a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete