Monday, March 29, 2010

Sweet Girl

God danced the day you were born.
You are beautiful.
You are loved.
You are a gift of God.


I found this poem on a ceramic heart figurine that my Grandma Ruby gave me for Christmas over 10 years ago. I found the figurine in a box in storage a couple of weeks ago when Matt and I were doing some spring cleaning. The box it came in had never been opened. I must have decided to save it for sentimental reasons, but I never did anything with it. It's amazing how those words have so much meaning to me now that I have my own child. Having a daughter and knowing the strong, deep love I have for her really makes me realize how much my own family must love me. My Grandma is in a nursing home now and doesn't communicate very well anymore. How special that I came across this gift from her so many years ago that reminds me how much she loves me. The figurine is now in Clara's room on her dresser. When she's older, I'll let her know that her Great Grandma gave it to her Mommy and then her Mommy passed it along to her. It's possible she won't fully understand the true meaning of those words until she has a child of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment