Saturday, July 17, 2010

Little Swimmer

Clara had her first swimming lesson today. It's Parent/Child swimming lessons at this age, and I just loved it! I'm so proud of her--she did very well! It's amazing what they'll do at this age to copy others. She hates getting water poured on her head during bath time. Recently bath time has not been fun because as soon as we rinse her hair (even if we try not to get water in her eyes), she gets very upset and wants out right then. Today she put her face in the water several times on her own after watching me and the other kids do it, and she didn't get upset when we went under the water.

Here she is looking super cute in her matching flip-flops and swimming suit. Can you believe my little baby is getting so big?!


I'm ready Daddy-let's go! While we were waiting for the lessons to start she was "dancing" to the music. It was cracking us up because they had rap music playing--so not our kind of music!




The thing I loved most about the lessons was getting ideas of what we need to practice with her. We practices kicking her legs, floating on her back and kicking, blowing bubbles in the water, putting our faces in the water, and sitting on the side until Mommy says 1-2-3. We practiced each of these things multiple times and will continue to in the coming weeks. I would say "kick, kick, kick" and move her legs. Clara would throw the little toy out in front of us, and I would hold with her tummy facing the water so she could practice kicking and moving towards the toy. She kicked a few times, but not much. I wasn't even sure she knew what I meant. Then this evening during her bath, I told her to kick her legs, and she did! So she knows what I mean, now we just have to work on her doing it. I'm glad we have some thing to practice when we go to the pool. We have 5 more Saturdays of lessons. I'm already looking forward to next week!


There were 4 Moms and 4 babies in the water. Matt was in the water with us before lessons started. Then the teacher said we were going to start the lesson with a song, and he was outta there fast! He joined the other Dads on the sidelines taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment