Friday, August 27, 2010

Abby Abby Abby Abby

Clara's Uncle Clinty and Aunt Abby came to visit last weekend. Clara loves to say Abby and would chant Abby over and over and over. We took them up to the Legends to go shopping, eat at Chipotle, and to listen to live music while Clara played in the fountain. Ok, I think all of us ended up in the fountain at one point or another.
Here's Clara dancing with her Uncle Clint in the fountain.



She was very intrigued by the streams of water. They would disappear for a few minutes and then return. Clint wasn't paying attention when the streams disappeared and ended up standing right in front of it when it came back on.




Here's a pictures of the band behind of the fountain. They were playing country music - my favorite. I even caught Matt tapping his hand to the beat once or twice. He claimed he didn't realize it was country music.


She is so ornery--can't you tell by the look on her face? She loved running up and down the sidewalk with us chasing her. Old Navy had the door propped open and without hesitation she went right in. Before I could grab her she found a manikin display with a plastic dog. "Doggie, doggie" she pointed out. I did grab her before she could climb onto the ledge with the manikins and back outside we went. I pushed Clara through the Banana Republic outlet and the whole time she was loudly chanting---Abby, Abby, Abby, Abby. Matt said he knew where we were at all times because he could hear Clara. On the way home, Abby was all Clara could talk about. I'd say--what about Mommy? She'd respond, Abby, Abby. I'd interrupt her and say, Mommy, and she'd keep going, Abby, Abby, Abby. We all got a good laugh.
Thanks for coming to visit us Clint and Abby. Now we just need to work on getting Uncle Trent to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment