I took yesterday off so that Clara and I could have a full day just the two of us! We braved the farmstead yesterday morning on the hottest day of the year! We made it about an hour and a half, which is longer than I though we might. Similar to the fair, she was scared of the cows, but she loved the goats! About three months ago, when I took her to Deanna Rose, she was scared of the goats. This time she walked around in the pen with them and was very excited to pet them. We bought duck food and chicken food (those birds are trained and don't come around much unless they think you have food). She didn't want to throw the food on the ground but instead wanted to hand feed them. I discouraged this idea, and I think she found out why when the chicken pecked her hand. Add that to the long list of bo-bos this toddler has!


After about half an hour in the dairy barn, she finally warmed out to this cow statue and then was very upset when we left.
She realized that she can climb up into these chair swings, and then wanted to stop at everyone she saw.
You can't tell in the picture above, but she leaned down and grabbed the goats horns. (Don't worry these are very docile goats, and they were very lathargic in the heat.)
We had fun feeding the ducks, and they swarmed around us once they realized we had food.
No comments:
Post a Comment