Friday, September 23, 2011

37 weeks & 3 days

 35 weeks
 That's my baby sister!

 At 36 weeks I was a bridesmaid in my friend Kim's wedding last weekend.
And here's my sympathetic family trying to "look like Mommy."  This picture was accompanied by them saying, "oh my back hurts!" and "poor me!"

Today I'm 37 weeks and 3 days.  I delivered Clara when I was 37 weeks and 4 days...which leaves us wondering if our weekend plans will remain in tact, or if we'll be making an unexpected trip to the hospital.  We're much more prepared at this point than we were with Clara since we've learned first hand that babies come on their own terms.  So that probably means that she won't decide to come early.  My hospital bag is packed and ready; I've been carrying my camera in my purse; I update my list at work everyday in case I don't come back the following day; the bottles are washed and put away; we have the baby's room temporarily set-up in our room; and we've purchased gifts for Clara to give the baby and for the baby to give Clara.  AND I think we've settled on a name for our new baby girl!
I'm just so excited to meet her.  It feels much more real this time around since we've been through it before and realize in a matter of days, we're going to have another little life entrusted to our care.

No comments:

Post a Comment