This picture has nothing to do with this post...just a picture of our cutie pie!
We've had suprisingly few accidents--she's actually only wet on the carpet once. The articles I read didn't give any advice on poop training though. I figured that would just come. Well, it hasn't. And I'm not sure what you're supposed to do to get there. I keep reminding myself of the saying that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, and telling myself that she surely will get this down before she goes to kindergarten. I feel like we're so close to being fully potty trained, except for this important piece. And man are pull-ups way more expensive than diapers! But until we get this skill mastered, we're not brave enough to leave the house without a pull-up [and the little miss will not hear of wearing a diaper now].
Tonight she made her first official poopy for me in the potty! She'd done it once before at her Gamma's house, but tonight was the real deal, and she did it without any prodding from me. I tell you I was/am so proud of that little girl! We cheered, high fived, and did a dance (which we dubbed the poopy dance). I caught a glimpse of my super pregnant self in the mirror doing the dance and had to chuckle. Then she was rewarded a gummy worm (we'd been bribing her with these for weeks to no avail). So hopefully something has clicked with her tonight and we'll be doing the poopy dance a lot more...I guess we'll see. It's progress though. One of the joys of parenthood that you have no concept of until you experience it. And you have no idea how something like this can be such a proud moment, but somehow it is! She was so proud of herself too and told me twice, "Mommy, I did really good." Yes, yes you did little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment