Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolution


Apparently Avery has a New Year's resolution that she didn't tell us about.  Last night she went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 7:30am!  We've had a couple of nights recently where she's slept until 4am without waking, but mostly she's still been getting up at midnight and 4am.

She obviously has some food stores so probably won't hurt her if she skips a meal or two at night!

I have a couple of New Year's Resolutions for 2012:

-Continue to identify the clutter in my home and life and get rid of it.  Keep my house clutter free and get organized so that it's easier to keep a tidy house.  We really enjoy having friends and family over.  I want to keep our house tidy so that it's not a production to get things picked up when we have people over.  We have a lot of storage in our house.  I don't want these spaces to get loaded with clutter and stuff we barely/rarely use.  If we don't use it, it needs to go.  I recently read the book Unclutter Your Life in One Week that has inspired this resolution.  I LOVED this book and it has given me a whole new outlook on "stuff."  I haven't been able to complete this in one week, but I've made good progress.  I've accumulated a lot of stuff for goodwill or a garage sale.

-Establish a weekly schedule for chores & laundry and get things done during the week so that our weekends can be more free to spend time as a family and getting together with family and friends.  I also want to be better at planning ahead so that it's easier to get together with the important people in our lives.

-Establish a work-out routine.  This is generally on my list of resolutions in some form.  I have to be realistic on this one with working full-time with two children--that doesn't leave a lot of extra time, and I do like to have some down time (and I require a lot of sleep).  Even if it's only 2-3 times a week, something is better than nothing.

Being a good wife and mother are my main goals in life, and hopefully these resolutions will help me achieve those goals. 

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment