Dear Clara,
Happy Birthday! The first thing you said to me this morning was, “I’m three!” I can’t believe I have now been a Mommy for three years! This should be a fun birthday because you really seem to understand what it means. This has been quite a year! When we look at pictures from a year ago, it’s hard to believe how much you’ve changed. You have turned into a little girl this year. This year you gave up your binky, moved into your new room and a big girl bed, are now potty trained, and became a big sister!
Your favorite toys right now are books, puzzles, blocks, and legos. You are really into playing pretend and take any play toy and tell us to be one toy and you’ll be another so that we can have pretend conversations. This started during bath time when Daddy would be the crab and you would be the turtle. You love your swing set and going for bike rides with Daddy in the bike trailer. You also love spending time with all of your grandparents and have had several overnight visits with both sets of grandparents this year.
You love to help Mommy bake and do the laundry. When I’m spot treating the kid clothes, you use your own squirt bottle to spray them. You also like to put them into the washing machine and help move them to the dryer. You take them out of the basket one piece at a time while I fold them. I get in trouble if I take anything out of the basket myself. You are a big helper when I bake. I measure out all of the ingredients and you dump them into the bowl. You also love to taste everything so I have to keep a close eye on you.
On Friday nights we like to have movie night with you. You get to pick a movie, we put blankets and pillows down in the living room floor, and eat popcorn. You’ve started asking for movie night every night now, but we limit it so that it remains something special.
One of the most fun experiences this year (and most challenging) has been seeing you become a big sister. You love your baby sister and try to smother her in hugs and kisses. We have to keep a close eye on you because you don’t understand your own strength and are still learning what it means to be gentle.
You’ve definitely gone through the “terrible twos” this year complete with fit throwing, testing the limits, and time out. This seems to have improved the last couple of months and we’re hoping that we’re past that phase. We’ve reminded you many, many times that you are not in charge, and you are always quick to point out that you are in charge of Avery and Elsie.
Despite the challenges, it’s been amazing to watch you grow and develop this year. You are such a sweet little girl, and you have lots of energy. We have to remind you to say please and thank you, but you also say some of the sweetest things without our prompting. You tell us you love us, that Mommy makes good meals, and that Daddy makes your heart feel super happy. We enjoy being your parents and are excited to see the changes that being three will bring.
You are so very special to us, and we love you lots, our little three-year-old!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment