Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ONE Snowy Day






After the snow-filled winter we had last year, it's hard to believe that we only had ONE snowy day this year.  Each of us got snow boots for Christmas in anticipation of another snowy winter.  I wished for snow so much this winter because I knew this would be Clara's first winter of really enjoying the snow!  We finally got our wish about a month ago.  I was home sick with the flu so Matt picked the girl's up from daycare, and then he and Clara got right to work building a snow man before dark.  She LOVED it, and I'm sure they made memories that we will all remember.  The next day was a 60 degree day so we prepped her that the snow man might be gone the next day when she got home.  She's seen Frosty the Snowman movie so that helped her understand the concept.  Wouldn't you know it, that snow man stuck around in some form or another for almost a week?!  I've never checked on a non-living creature as often as I did this snowman!  I'd get up in the morning and before I headed upstairs to get the girls up, I would peek outside to check on the snow man's status.  She told him the first day as we were leaving, "Snow man, don't melt!"  And was delighted when we got home that evening to see a smaller version of him was still there.  She said, "Mommy the snow man listened to me!"  It also helped that our front yard is shaded most of the day, but I'm sure that was only a small part of the reason!
It feels funny to blog about snow on a warm March day that hit 80 degrees in Kansas City (obviously I'm behind)!!  Tomorrow we're supposed to break a record.  I'm already lovin' the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment