When I look at the picture above, I see my youngest daughter. We showed it to Clara and asked her who it was, and without hestitation she said, "Avery." It's really a picture of me when I was a year old.
Here's a picture of Avery at roughy the same age. People tell me all the time that she looks just like me. It's hard to me to see myself in her, but when I look at my baby pictures, I definitely do!
Clara asked me recently if she looks like me. Confused by the question, I asked her if she wanted to look like me - at some point she won't want to hear that she looks like her Mom, I'm sure! She said yes. I told her that she did (even though she looks a lot more like her Daddy!), and she grinned from ear to ear. I later realized that she asked that because she hears people say all the time how much Avery looks like me.
Matt says Avery acts like a Clark too. I'm going to take that as a compliment!
No comments:
Post a Comment