I went on one of Clara's preschool fieldtrips recently to Ms. M's farm. Ms. Meredith (pictured above on the right and in the picture below) is the second teacher at Clara's preschool. She joined the preschool earlier this year, and we have really enjoyed her! She lives in the city limits on one acre of land and rents farm space less than a quarter-mile from her house. This farm land is tucked into a little nook up some very narrow and windey roads. I had no idea this area existed! On of the co-tenants of the land had a miniature horse that the kids got to pet.
The funniest moment of the day was when Rylen asked Ms. M if she had any "shitins." All of the adults had a look of panic and bewilderment on our faces. Ms. M asked Rylen to repeat himself. "Do you have any shitins?" By this point I was still baffled and trying not to laugh.
Luckily Ms. M. replied, "No, Rylen, we don't have any chickens."
Then Brady's Mom and I cracked up laughing. Chickens, of course!
The kids also got to feed and milk a goat.
| Clara taking her turn! |
After the trip to the farm, we went back to Ms. M's house where the kids swung, jumped on the trampoline, and we all had lunch in the tree house.
| Clara in the tree house. |
| Four adults and nine kids sat up in the tree house and ate lunch. Here's Clara next to Ms. B. |
It was such a fun morning with the kids! I love seeing Clara in her element. Once again, the timing of this fieldtrip was during a busy time at work. I wonder why that keeps happening, and then I realize I do have five months of the year where I'm not supposed to take time off. But similar to last time, I worked it out and ended up being very glad that I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment