Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin Carving - a one man job

From the looks of these pictures, it may appear that this was a group effort. And I suppose you could claim that it was for about 7 minutes. I have a severe dislike of pumpkin carving. First of all it's gross cleaning out all the slimey insides, and then the actual carving is just difficult. My involvement in this process included 1) making sure Matt wasn't using my favorite chef's knife, 2) taking pictures, and 3) entertaining the girls after their 7 minutes of pumpkin cleaning ended.


 



 
Mom, this is more my style!
Matt was soon all alone in the garage. 
Avery ended up going to bed, and Clara and I made pumpkin bars (from canned pumpkin).  Last year I dug all of the seeds out of the slime and roasted them. 
They were disgusting.  Not wasting my time doing that again!
 
Here are the final works of art:

 
 
 
Lit up on Halloween night!

No comments:

Post a Comment