I was so excited for Christmas this year. That's one thing I love about having kids - they put the excitement back into the holidays! As is our annual custom, we spend Christmas Eve with Matt's family, Christmas morning at home with the girls, and Christmas afternoon/evening with my family.
I felt like we had prepared in advance, but it still seemed like there was tons to do once Christmas Eve & Christmas morning rolled around. We made a corn dip, cheese wontons, and apple cider sangria for the Christmas Eve celebration, cinnamon rolls & an egg casserole for Christmas morning, and crab stuffed mushrooms & sweet potatoes for Christmas dinner. No worries - we got our fast food fix in for Christmas lunch at our turnpike stop at McDonalds! December 24th and 25th felt like marathon days for us and on top of that both Matt and I were feeling under the weather. But overall our Christmas celebrations were very fun and enjoyed by all.
Here's a sampling of pictures from all the celebrations...
 |
| Avery got the biggest present! |
 |
Santa's milk & cookies
|
 |
| Well, if Santa's not going to finish the cookies, I will! |
 |
Clara's requested gift from Santa.
|
Clara quickly noticed that Santa only brought Avery two gifts but brought her three. Her conclusion - she must have been a better girl than Avery this year. I tried to explain cost vs. quantity. She didn't buy that argument, and Matt pointed out how that concept may not apply to Santa since he makes the gifts. Point taken - next year Santa will bring the same number of gifts for each child.
 |
| The little man in his little hat! |
 |
| So fun having this little guy involved in our celebration! |
 |
| My PapaBear in his corvette hat. |
 |
| A ballet book for our soon-to-be ballerina! |
No comments:
Post a Comment