Moms: Abby, Kate, Nicole, Missi
Babies: Lesley (3 months), Evan (2 1/2 months), Clara (5 months), Cole (4 months)
Laura & Collin (7 months)
All the babies hanging out (and they were actually all happy at the same time (for a couple of minutes)). We were admiring how calm they were, and then we decided we better eat fast while they were happy!
Looks like Evan is trying to sneak an arm around Clara...wait 'till Daddy sees this picture!!
Over the past 6 months or so, there has been a baby boom with our friends! I think it's just that time in our lives right now, and it's fun having other Mommies to share my experiences with. I hosted a Baby Brunch on Saturday for the new Mommies I work with, and we had five Moms and five babies in attendance. We sat in the middle of the living room with the babies either on the floor or rotating among the baby gear while we visited, changed diapers, cleaned up spit-up, and ate off of fine china! Who says Mommies can't enjoy nice things?! I decided we can still use fancy tableware even if we're not sitting at the table!
Over the past 6 months or so, there has been a baby boom with our friends! I think it's just that time in our lives right now, and it's fun having other Mommies to share my experiences with. I hosted a Baby Brunch on Saturday for the new Mommies I work with, and we had five Moms and five babies in attendance. We sat in the middle of the living room with the babies either on the floor or rotating among the baby gear while we visited, changed diapers, cleaned up spit-up, and ate off of fine china! Who says Mommies can't enjoy nice things?! I decided we can still use fancy tableware even if we're not sitting at the table!
I really enjoyed watching baby Collin because he's two months older than Clara. It amazes me what she'll likely be doing in another two months. He was sitting up, jabbering up a storm, and scooting around. Clara enjoyed watching everyone, but she ended up sleeping most of the time.
I noticed towards the end of the brunch that Clara felt warm so I took her temp after everyone left. Before I did this though, I read some articles on the internet about the best way to take a babies temperature (how did our parent's survive without the internet?). There are a couple of choices for babies over three months old--in the armpit or the rectum. Hmmm...the armpit temp had two steps and the other way had about 8 steps. Matt was out golfing, and I decided there was no way I was attempting the eight step process by myself! Armpit temp it is! Poor thing had a temp of 102.6. Guess who I called right away...my Mom! She told me to call the Doctor. So, of course, I did. The Doctor told us to give her Tylenol, keep her hydrated, and to bring her in if it rose above 105. Today she has been feeling much better, and the fever has been gone since mid-morning. She still has a cough and has been a little sleepier than usual, but we're glad she seems to be feeling better. Now I just hope she didn't pass her bug to any of the other babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment