Friday, June 5, 2009

On the move

Tuesday Clara figured out how to roll over. Now she had rolled over a couple of times before, but now she knows what she's doing. She's mostly rolling from her back to her tummy, over and over. She has not figured out the cause and effect though because she rolls onto her tummy, and then realizes she doesn't want to be on her tummy. Then she starts fussing. So we roll her onto her back. Then immediately she'll roll onto her tummy, and we roll her back. This goes on and on. Once she figures out how to roll from her tummy to her back, she's going to be on the move!

She's also started rolling onto her tummy at night, which makes us nervous. Everything we read says they are not supposed to sleep on their tummies until they reach a year because of the risk of SIDS. Last night I went up to check on her about a half hour after I put her to bed, and she was asleep--on her tummy. Such a delimma! Do I risk waking a sleepy baby to put her on her back or do I just let her be? I ended up moving her to her back, but this morning when I went to get her, she was on her tummy with one foot hanging out of the crib!

I think she dying to move around. All of the sudden she dislikes being confined--in anything. She been trying to wiggle out of her bouncey seat and in her car seat, she bends at the waist and tries to lift herself forward. If only Mommy & Daddy would quit fastening the five point harness! Just now, I had her in her bumbo seat and she was straightening her back trying to get out of it. It has a little tray that goes over it, and she knocked that off along with all the toys. So I moved her to her swing, and she's not liking that much either. I think Matt was exactly right when he said last night that our days of laying her in her play gym while we get things done are numbered. She's a determined little thing! (I wonder where she gets that from?)

2 comments:

  1. What was all that coming out of her mouth at the end of the video!? Leaky Baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara you should have initiated Uncle Ryan into the world of spit-up during his last visit.

    "I wonder where she gets that from" . . . are you kidding? When Determined A married Determined B, the only outcome could be a doubly Determined C. Let the fun begin =)

    ReplyDelete