Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Letter from Mommy - 8 Months









Dear Baby Clara,
I can’t believe how fast this month has gone. We’ve really settled into a routine with you and you are now a natural part of our lives. I think that’s why time is going so fast—we’ve settled back into the swing of life—which is a challenge to get back into with a baby! Our lives are so much fuller with you in our world, and we often say, “What did we ever do without her?”

You love to eat, eat, eat! And you’ll eat just about anything as long as the texture isn’t funny. You don’t like the green beans and peas I made for you (but you do like the Gerber ones), and you didn’t like the bananas I mashed up for you. We’re glad you are such a good eater, and we hope this continues! You also enjoy moving around. You are now wiggling out of the bouncey seat, and we have to strap you in. You don’t like be strapped in because you want to be on the move! You roll all over the place, and have made some progress learning to crawl. You’re quick to get up on all fours and for most of the month you just rocked back and forth and spun yourself around with your arms. Within the last week, you have started moving forward! You’ll pull yourself forward and then sprawl out on your tummy and then repeat. Soon I’m sure you’ll have this crawling thing figured out, and then you’ll be giving us a run for our money!

You are also a little noise maker. You wake up between 6-7am every morning, and often just lay in your crib and jabber. Elsie goes with me to get you out of bed, and you squeal when you see her. You also give Mommy a big smile. You’ve started having some separation anxiety, and have cried recently when I leave the room. Most of the time you are good natured and very happy, but sometimes you just need your Mommy. And that’s ok. You grab at everything and love to get a hold of my necklaces! It’s the first thing you go for when I pick you up from daycare. And everything goes in your mouth. Maybe we’ll see some teeth soon!

Your favorite toys are the Johnny Jumper, the excersaucer, and Babu the monkey. You gave Babu his name, which was derived from your jabbering-babababu. You are happy most of time, even on days when we deviate from your normal schedule. We love that you are such a good eater, sleeper, and napper. We couldn’t ask for anything more special than you!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment: