Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nine-month letter from Mommy


Clara and babu the monkey.


I know I'm cute!


Do you see what I see?


Clara in her pretty dress Grammy made for her.
Daddy save me. She won't stop taking my picture!

Dear Clara,
So much has happened this month! You figured out how to crawl, and you are all over the place! You love to crawl around the house, and we can no longer leave the room because you are sure to find something that you’re not supposed to have. You have no concept that anything could hurt you (you love the blinds, cords, Elsie’s food bowls) so we have to keep a close eye on you. We bought you lots of toys thinking that would help, but you are much more interested in everything but your toys.
You also started pulling up. We have to watch you carefully so that you don’t fall since you haven’t yet figured out how to get down. You also love to tunnel through anything including the coffee table and excersaucer. You also love crawling over obstacles. Why go around when you can just crawl right over? Nothing gets in your way—even baby Luke. Apparently you crawled over him at daycare and then took his toy. Clara, Clara, already causing trouble…. You are so determined to go anywhere you want to go and have anything that you want. I love that you have such a strong and determined spirit. (We’ll see if I agree with that when you are a teenager!)
I learned an important lesson the other day--I have to watch you like a hawk. I went to grab something from another room, came back, and you had quickly made your way to Elsie’s food bowl. We had moved her food from the kitchen to next to the garage door to keep you out of it. Well, you found it! I rushed over picked you up, and pulled a couple of pieces of dog food out of your hand. Simultaneously, a piece of dog food came shooting out of your mouth, and you made a horrible face. Immediately I put my finger in your mouth and fished out three more pieces of dog food! I have no idea how you did all of this so quickly!
One of my favorite things this month just happened last week. You started saying “mamamama”. You’ve been saying dadadada for at least a month now. In the mornings when I would go get you out of bed, you would look at me and then talk all about dadadada and babababa. Finally, after all of my hard work before and since you’ve been born, I get some recognition! You talk about me a lot more frequently now, and I just eat it up!! Of course, you don’t associate these noises with your Daddy or I yet, but it’s a start and we love hearing it.
I made a big decision last week. I’ve decided to go back to work full-time. I’ve been thinking about this for while now because I need a change with work. I hope you understand and know that I will sure miss our Wednesdays and Fridays together. Your Daddy and I decided this change is the best decision for now, and Mommy is really excited for her new job. Someday when you have a baby of your own, you will understand how hard it is to balance everything in life. We went to visit your new daycare last week, and I was already having separation anxiety. You were thrilled to visit the daycare and took off crawling after the toys while we were there. I think this transition is going to be harder on me than it will be on you! I'm very thanksful that I have been able to work part-time during your first ten months. Daddy had a good point—now that I’m working more, we’ll just have to make sure that all the time we spend together is very special.
Love you bunches,
Mommy







2 comments:

  1. Nicole, you are such a good mommy! Reading this letter made me both laugh and get teary eyed. Clara is such a special girl and she is lucky to have you and Matt as parents. Great job with the first 9 months of many wonderful years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole! Are you going back to work full-time with D&T? Seems like there has been so much transition that I'm sure things are different. Looks like life is going great for your guys! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete