We have been so busy lately with my new job and the holidays and refinishing a bathroom that I haven't been as diligent as I would like with my blogging. I think my blog archive list is a direct correlation to how busy I am! Only three posts for November, and I'm not sure December will be much better.
Clara has had some 'firsts' since my last blog. She said her first word on November 27. We were sitting in a Mexican restaurant in Oklahoma when Clara started reaching for me saying Mama Mama. Everyone acted surprised, and I explained how she gets whiny when she gets tired. They said no--do you realize she's calling for you as she's reaching for you?! Then I got very excited--Mama is officially her first word! We also think she has Dada figured out too. She says Dada a lot when she's with Matt and Mama when she's with me.
Clara got her first tooth on her 11 month birthday - November 2. It came without much fanfare (aka - not much pain or fussiness), which was nice. Although she's been a bit fussier than normal because of her lingering cold so it could have just been lumped in with that.
Yesterday morning she pulled up on her walker and decided to go for a walk. We've had this toy for a couple of months now, and we keep trying to get her to stand and hold onto it, but she hasn't been interested. Typically she just bends her knees and sits down. But yesterday she just decided to give it a try and off she went! She's been doing it over and over since then. It's so true that they will try things when they are ready.
We put up the Christmas tree last weekend, and she hasn't paid much attention to it, which is surprising. Every so often the gifts catch her eye, and she goes after them. She's already ripped the paper on one of her gifts.
Oh my goodness Clara! You have grown so much since we last saw you...a new tooth, knowing your mama and daddy, and walking (with assistance). Can't wait to see you soon. Love, Lesley
ReplyDelete