I've started making a list of Clara's words. Our parent educator, Sue Ann, told us to keep track and that once Clara has 50 words, that she should start putting them together to make sentences. Clara's words so far include: Mama, Dada, bye-bye, hi, dog, cow, up, out, baby, Abby, Grandma (comes out
gama), thank you, belly button, eye, and no. We've been working on animal sounds lately, and she knows that a sheep says
ba-a-a-a, a cow says moo-moo, and a dog says woof (comes out
oof-
oof). She's a big mimicker right now. She has said other words when mimicking us. Tonight I told her that she was going to get to see Regan tomorrow at daycare. Plain as day she said - Re-
gan. There are a few words like that that she's said once that I haven't counted in her list just yet.
Sue Ann told us to be sure to use Clara's words in sentences. So we've been telling her that "The horse is brown" or "The cow is on top of the barn" when we put the cow on the barn.
She loves her babies. She plays with them a lot. She will load them and unload them in the shopping cart and take them for a ride.

Here she is loving the sheep.

Sue Ann also said that this is a great age for sidewalk chalk. I think she is wrong about that. We tried out the sidewalk chalk this evening, and Clara kept eating it! Just the thought of biting into chalk makes me
cringe!!

I think Clara got my sweet tooth. Here she is sharing ice cream with her Grandma. Notice Elsie is intently watching the floor in case they drop some.

We've also been working on body parts. Clara know where her eyes, ears, mouth, nose, big belly, and belly button are. I even caught a picture of her showing us where her belly button is!
No comments:
Post a Comment