Thursday, March 24, 2011

Big Trouble

I got in big trouble last night.  I'm still not sure what I did wrong.  Clara was clearly frustrated with me.  She put her hands on my cheeks, looked me right in the eyes and said:
"Look at me Mommy!  You sit Mommy."
This was followed by a lot of undescipherable jabbering in a very stern Clara voice.
Then she looked right at me and firmly said, "You sorry Mommy?!  You sorry?"

Matt and I were laughing so hard by the end of her lecture that we couldn't even sit up straight.  It was so funny--mainly because this is exactly what we do when she is in trouble.  We discussed later that we need to teach her that she doesn't get to put us in time out and scold us.  We think that our laughing probably just encouraged what she was doing.  She catches us off guard sometimes, and we're not prepared with an appropriate response.  Oh well--we're learning as we go!

We're both off work this week.  We spent part of the week at my parents and have just been running errands, relaxing, and doing some yard work the last couple of days.  More on that and some cute pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment