Friday, March 11, 2011

When the singing stops...

I hope you enjoy this video as much as we do.  It starts off with a song Clara wrote herself (possibly in another language), followed by Twinkle, Twinkle, then Mary had a little Lamb (including the second verse), and ends with We are the Dinosaurs.


Recently she wakes up singing, sings at meal time, in the car, and throughout the day.  On the weekends, we are usually awaken by her rendition of Happy Birthday, which we can hear through the baby monitor. The singing is very loud and not always recognizable. She will go from one song to another without stopping—her transitions are flawless. And she sings so matter-of-factly (and sometimes out of tune), that we have to hold back our laughter. It’s really about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen and pretty hilarious—well, unless you are wanting to enjoy a quiet, peaceful lunch after church. Last Sunday at lunch, she started singing very loudly at the restaurant. Our attempts to quiet her were futile. But when the singing stops….you know there is something wrong. She didn’t sing at all Tuesday evening because she was sick. I felt pretty terrible myself as I walked into daycare to pick her up. Trish was holding Clara and held up the thermometer. Poor baby. So I did what any good Mom would do...snuggled her all evening, let her watch "doggies" (101 Dalmatians—her favorite movie at the moment, and I’m not sure I can take much more of it), stayed home with her on Wednesday, and took her to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Ok, by that point I promise she was feeling a lot better, and I’m pretty sure a chicken sandwich will cure anything!  She was singing again by Wednesday afternoon so we knew she was on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment