Friday, June 29, 2012

Avery's Baby Dedication

We dedicated Avery to the Lord on Sunday, April 15 (yes, I'm doing some catch-up blogging here).  Baby dedications at our church are pretty simple.  We got up in front of the congregation, introduced Avery Ruby, and affirmed our decision to raise her in a Christian home and as part of our church family, to teach her our beliefs and values, and to know God.  The pastor then had the congregation stand with us while he prayed for Avery and our family.  The most stressful part for me was trying to keep Clara quiet in the service prior to the baby dedication.  After the dedication, I took her straight to Baby Bible!
Avery in my baby dress trying to figure out what all of the fuss is about.

Sisterly love?

Our best attempt at a family picture

Our friends Reed & Becky dedicated baby Luke on the same day.

Me telling about our family.


It was great to have the support of our family, and we all enjoyed a nice lunch afterwards (brisket, cheesy potates, and at this point I can't quite remember what else I made).  As you can see above, Dad and Abby really enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries!  Those two will sit down with an entire plate and polish it off!


Praise the Lord for our amazing little Avery! 
She really is such a blessing to our family. 
Can't wait to get to know her better as she continues to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment