Friday, June 15, 2012
Infant See - First Eye Exams
Have you noticed that nearly every picture of this child recently is of her with her mouth open? I say "smile!" and this is what I get!
On to the real story...I took her to the eye doctor recently. The doctor that we went to see participates in the Infant See program. She offers free eye exam for children from 6 months - 1 year and also for toddlers between 3-4 years. Since my girls fell in each of those categories I took them both (by myself - aren't I brave? I think so.) to get vision exams. I was surprised at how thorough the exams were for each of them. They each got their eyes dialated, and Clara even got the standard tests that I get when I got to the eye doctor. They even did the puffer test on her. I hate the puffer, and so did she. She still talks about it, and once they did one eye, she refused to let them puffer the other. I don't blame her! We got good reports on both of their eyes, but we were cautioned that we should bring them in for re-testing once they hit 5 since both Matt and I are half blind. Overall good experience, and I would highly recommend this program and the eye doctor that we saw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment