 |
| Clara and the Troodon |
Clara loves dinosaurs. Matt loves dinosaurs too. This is probably why Clara does because she has several dinosaur books, a dinosaur puzzle, plastic dinosaur toys, and a dinosaur matching game. We noticed a theme in our Christmas shopping last year, and we actually swapped out a couple of items because we had too many dinosaur toys. Because of her love of dinosaurs, she was excited to check out the Dinosaur Exhibit at Crown Center this weekend.
 |
| Even little Aves got in on the action! |
 |
| How sweet - a baby T-Rex! |
 |
Avery's favorite play toy - still Daddy!
It's amazing to play Clara's dinosaur matching game with her. She knows at a glance the names of each dinosaur, and I think there are 15 different ones. Of course there are the standards - T-Rex, Triceratops, Brontesaraus, Stegasaraus - those are the ones I know.
Here's some of the ones Clara can rattle off:
-Allasaraus
-Diplodocus
-Thecondetasaurus
-Mayasaura
-Velocoraptur
-Parasaralophus
When April was in town earlier this year, she played the matching game with Clara. She was shocked and was convinced at first that Clara was reading the cards! It was pretty funny because April started covering the words on the card, and of course (since Clara can't read), she continued to name them without hesitation. My Mom has suggested that we get it on video, which I would love to but a certain someone gets all cheesy when she knows she's being videoed so it's impossible to film her in action.
I think the dino exhibit runs through September so I would recommend it - although be prepared, if you take a three year-old, they'll probably be impressed for about 10 minutes, and then say, "Let's go! What are we going to do now?" |
No comments:
Post a Comment