| They were unable to teeter totter because they were perfectly balanced. It was a cute photo opp, but they were not pleased at all that it wasn't "working." |
Day 2 of our vacation included going to the Exploration Place in downtown Wichita. Clara had been there before with my parents, and she was excited to show us newbies around! I was really impressed with it - it was really geared towards kids of all ages. There were several schools there on a fieldtrip with older kids, and they seemed to enjoy it just as much as our girls!
Matt and Clara both enjoyed the building room. Too bad for Matt that Clara's attention span is much shorter than his and our time in this room was short-lived.
| My little squirrel inside her acorn. |
Our favorite room was the aviation room. These planes had flight simulators where you could take-off, fly and land (or crash land, in our case) the plane. We spent a lot of time in this room!
Avery loved the water area.
| Pretty view of the Arkansas river. |
A very fun morning!
I would highly recommend the Exploration Place and would happily go there again in the future. After our morning outing, we stopped by a hole-in-the-wall burger joint that my family frequented when I was growing up. Oh man, was it delicious! Every bit as good as I remember! Southeast Carryout is the name of the place. Any Wichitans reading this blog, check it out and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment