Dear Clara,
You’ve changed so much this month! The biggest change has been that you started sleeping in your room, and you’ve started sleeping for longer stretches at night (usually 3-4 hours at a time). We’ve started a bedtime routine with you, and we put you to bed about the same time every night. We’ve also established more of a routine during the day, and you eat roughly the same times and the same amount each day. This is a welcome change for your Mommy who likes organization and a predictable schedule! It’s also given me more confidence on knowing what you’re going to need when. We love using your room. I sit in there and rock you and remember all the fun we had planning your arrival. At the time it seemed like I was going to be pregnant forever! Now that you’re here, we’re having so much fun with you, and we can’t believe how fast you are growing and how fast the time is going. I’ve been filling out your baby book this month and making a scrapbook of your first year. There is a “back to school” page at the end of your baby book, and it makes me want to cry every time I flip back there and see it. That too seems forever away, but I fear that it’s actually going to be here before we know it!
You’ve changed so much this month! The biggest change has been that you started sleeping in your room, and you’ve started sleeping for longer stretches at night (usually 3-4 hours at a time). We’ve started a bedtime routine with you, and we put you to bed about the same time every night. We’ve also established more of a routine during the day, and you eat roughly the same times and the same amount each day. This is a welcome change for your Mommy who likes organization and a predictable schedule! It’s also given me more confidence on knowing what you’re going to need when. We love using your room. I sit in there and rock you and remember all the fun we had planning your arrival. At the time it seemed like I was going to be pregnant forever! Now that you’re here, we’re having so much fun with you, and we can’t believe how fast you are growing and how fast the time is going. I’ve been filling out your baby book this month and making a scrapbook of your first year. There is a “back to school” page at the end of your baby book, and it makes me want to cry every time I flip back there and see it. That too seems forever away, but I fear that it’s actually going to be here before we know it!
We’ve been reading to you every night before bed, and we had to buy some more books because Mommy & Daddy needed some variety! Although we have settled into our favorite books and now seem to be reading the same ones frequently. Daddy’s favorites are “Mr. Brown’s silly book of noises” and “The Cat in the Hat”, and Mommy’s favorites are “Elmo Loves You” and “Green Eggs and Ham.” We can’t tell what your favorites are yet since you really just look around the room while we’re reading to you.
You’re making a lot of new noises this month and smiling A LOT! You love to be talked to and smiled at, and it’s becoming very easy to get you to smile back. You just melt our hearts! I think we’re all a bit happier since you’re sleeping so much better at night! Your favorite thing this month is what your Daddy’s calls your “Stevie Wonder.” You just turn your head from side to side over and over. I’ll lay you on a blanket and put a stuffed animal on either side of you. You just look back and forth at them and seem amazed that the scenery changes each time you turn your head! You also like turning on your “Baby TV” at night all by yourself, and we’re still not sure how you manage that! Your Grandpa Steve would say that it’s because “you’re advanced.” He loves to tell stories at work about how you’ve already been riding a tricycle around the driveway because you’re so advanced.
We’re excited to see what you have in store for us in your fourth month. You seem to grow a little bit every day and do new little things all the time. We still think you’re the cutest thing ever and never get tired of showing you off!
Lots of love,
Your Mommy
She looks great in the KU atire! Rock Chalk Clara!
ReplyDelete