Monday, August 3, 2009

7 month letter from Mommy








Dear Baby Clara,
Where has this month gone? I feel like I just started telling people you were 6 months and now you are 7 months already! You’ve done many exciting new things this month. You have perfected rolling and are now rolling over and over. You’ve also started sitting, but you haven’t quite perfected this skill. You’ve fallen backwards a couple of times so we’ve learned to stay very close to you. Also new this month is sticking out your tongue, blowing bubbles and sometimes a little spit too! You’ve also been squealing/shrieking which we think you learned from your friend Lesley.


You’ve tried most veggies this month (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and peas) and so far you don’t like peas or green beans at all! At least not the ones Mommy has made. We’re wondering if the texture is bothering you so we’re going to try the Gerber brand of both of these and see what you think. You just refuse to eat the green beans I made for you—you give me awful faces and make gagging noises. You little drama queen! We’ve recently started fruits and so far you like all of them that we’ve tried! This includes bananas, peaches, applesauce, and pears. Daddy tricked you in to eating the rest of your green beans last night by alternating them with the applesauce.


You love jumping! If we stand you up on our laps you love to bounce up and down. You love the Johnny jumper and the excersaucer. When we first put you in each of these, you just sat still and looked at us like—now what am I supposed to do? Not anymore—you have it figured out and you are jumping and pulling on all the toys. You’ve started dismantling your ocean play gym and have figured out how to remove the hanging toys. You also roll around on it and get your legs caught up in it. One evening you pulled the big blue whale off of the play gym, and you were swinging it up and down. Elsie didn’t understand what it was so she started barking at it. This got you excited so you flailed more, which just made her bark more! We just watched and laughed.

You are now sitting in high chairs at restaurants, and I couldn’t believe it last time we ate out that waitress doesn’t tell us how adorable you are. In fact, she didn't say anything about you at all! Clearly we have the cutest baby ever at our table, and I’m not sure why she didn’t acknowledge this. I told Daddy to doc her tip, but I don’t think he did. =)

We had you in the baby dedication at church this month. It was a special time for us and special to have all of our family there. You also went to the nursery at church for the first time on Sunday. We stood outside the nursery before church, and I decided I wasn’t ready to leave you. Then about a half hour into the service once the singing was over you were very squirmy and started to “talk” so I decided to go ahead and take you. I was anxious for the service to end and tried to get Daddy to check on you a couple of times. We picked you up right away after church, and they said you were fine and loved the jumperoo. I think I missed you way more than you missed me!!

You are getting so big and are such a happy baby. Trish tells us all the time what a good baby you are—she says you are very happy and are a good napper and eater. We’re so proud of you and are amazed by each new thing you do. Before we had you, I never understood how amazing babies are, but now I know!

Love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment