Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mini-vacation

Things have finally slowed down for me at work! I'm in between Qs and Ks (the accountants will know what I mean) so I'm trying to enjoy the break. It feels great not to be stressed! That's the toughest part about my flex schedule--I worry a lot about work on my days off.


I'm ready to go Mommy!

Since things are slower at work, I took some time off last week, and Clara and I stayed with my parents from Wednesday thru Saturday. We visited friends and family we had planned to see during our last extended trip (when Clara was 7 weeks old), but last time I caught the flu. This time I felt great, and I kept reminiscing (not sure if that's the right word) about Clara waking me up every 2 hours last time I was there. I'm SO GLAD those days are behind us (knock on wood). Apparently I was an every 2 hours baby, but my brothers were much better sleepers. I'm hoping that we have our 2 hour baby out of the way and any future baby(s) will be better sleepers.

We visited my Grandpa, Grandma, Megan, Laura (and got to see her beautiful new house!), Aimee & the girls, and Clara's Aunt and Uncles.


Aimee & I with our girls! Aimee and I go way back. She lived a block away from me growing up. We would meet on the corner between our houses and walk to school together!


Mackenzie and Addie loved Clara. They were great with her and loved sharing their toys with her.



They kept making trips to the basement to bring up their stuffed toys. Clara loved the over-sized stuffed Veggie Tails toys. She would get so excited and then bury her face in Bob the Tomato.





Clara is a great eater. She snarfs the food down! I usually can't spoon the food in fast enough. Wednesday evening, I was telling my Mom that I feel like Clara eats a lot of food. As I mentioned before that our doctor didn't give us many guidelines so we don't have a good idea of how much she should be eating. My Mom pointed to the 3 1/2 oz. container of veggies and said--if she finishes that - that's a lot! Clara finished that and a whole thing of fruits and then some cereal. She usually eats about 8-9 oz. of food for both lunch and dinner. That seems like a lot to me since the most we could ever get her to take in a bottle was 5 oz. at a time.

Thursday evening, my brother Clint was watching me feed her. He couldn't believe how fast she was eating. He got all concerned about it and asked my Mom if it was safe for me to feed her that fast. I told him that I don't have much of an option because if I don't keep a steady stream of food, Clara gets upset and fusses at me! Luckily my Mom thinks it's fine. What would we do without our Moms for guidance! This evening when Matt was feeding her she was letting out a high-pitched whine. He told her, "Whining won't work on me Clara. I live with your mother." (haha--Little does he know--whining always works on Dads!)

No comments:

Post a Comment