We had a special delivery made by Clint & Abby this weekend--my piano!!! My parents gave me the piano I played growing up (a big thank you Mom & Dad!). This is something probably few people know about me anymore. I used to play piano, and I played quite well I must say. (I'm especially realizing this now that I'm trying to play my favorite songs again!) I was almost giddy knowing that they were bringing it up with them. We moved it into the house Saturday morning, and I've been dying to sit down and play all weekend. I started taking piano lessons in fourth grade and took lessons until my senior year of high school when I stopped because of my 'busy' senior schedule.
My favorite songs to play are hymns. There are so many beautifully written hymns that we don't seem to sing in church much anymore. My favorite song to play is "I'd rather have Jesus." I played just a tiny bit of it on Saturday and have had it in my head all weekend. I've been singing it to Clara (very loudly when no one is listening). What an uplifting song to have in my head and be singing to her! I can already tell I'm going to love being able to play whenever I want. I haven't had a piano at my disposal since I moved away to college.
The first chance I've had to really sit down and play was this evening after I put Clara to bed. I refrained from playing during her nap today because I didn't want to disturb her. But I couldn't resist playing a couple of songs after I put her down tonight! I guess it didn't bother her because she fell asleep despite my very off-key playing. I wanted to open the dining room window because it's beautiful out tonight, but decided I'm not yet ready for the neighbors to hear me playing. haha I'm so rusty! I'm reminding myself to be patient. It's going to take me a while to work back into my favorite songs. I think I need a couple of theory lessons. I saw the word "loco" above one of the bars of music, and all I could think that it meant was "crazy." I googled it just now, and in the music world it means, "Back to playing notes at their normal pitch." Yikes--I've got a lot to catch up on!
No comments:
Post a Comment