We decorated the house on Friday, or as Clara said, "We're making the house pretty for when Santa brings my presents." We'll have to work on her understanding of the true meaning of Christmas, but to a two year-old, presents are definitely her focus. When Matt told her he was going to get the tree she said, "Is it real or pretend?" He thought for a second, and told her it was both. I laughed and said, It's a real fake tree!" She had a ball decorating the tree. I put the non-breakable ornaments on the coffee table, and she hung them on the tree. She kept saying the cutest things - I ate it all up! She said, "Thank you Mommy getting out the ornaments so I can put them on the tree!" We finally let her hang some of the glass bulbs because that's all we had left, and she still wanted to help hang ornaments. All of Clara's ornaments are clustered at the bottom of the tree. Some branches have 3 or 4 ornaments on them. When Matt plugged the tree in Clara gasped and said, "Wow! It's BEAUTIFUL!" in awe. It was a great morning - nice and calm (surprisingly), and I had candles burning and Christmas music playing in the background. And Avery slept through most of it, which made it easier too! Clara she asked before her nap, "You going to take it all down now?"
No comments:
Post a Comment