Sunday, November 6, 2011
The Opposite Game
Doesn't this look say it all? It's her, whatever you want/tell me to do, I'm going to do the opposite! She's gotten so predictable at wanting the opposite of whatever we say, that we've started using it to our advantage. We want her to wear the pink shoes, then we suggest she should wear the red ones. She'll pick the pink ones, everytime! We want a hug from her, rather than asking her for a hug, I tell her than I'm going to hug her Daddy. Then she'll insist on hugging her Daddy.
Unfortunately, this has stemmed to some other behaviors that get her into trouble. We ask her to pick up her toys, she tells us "no." We tell her to leave Avery alone, and she ignores us. So she's had lots of lessons in listening recently, and we hope the discipline she's received is teaching her 1) that if she doesn't listen and follow directions, there will be consequences, and 2) she is not the center of the universe. Hard lessons to learn when you're two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment